The Atlanta Interactive Marketing Association Hosts #CelebrateATL
This post was written by Joe Koufman, CEO of AgencySparks.
I had a blast serving as the master of ceremonies for #CelebrateATL put on by AIMA! This year the organization (I serve on the board of directors) changed up the typical awards show model to showcase all of the digital marketing talent in Atlanta. For this years event, there were no acceptance speeches - just video packages highlighting the "Best In Show" for each category. Also, ALL of the work that was submitted was highlighted along the walls of The Stave Room at American Spirit Works. It was truly a fantastic celebration of the best interactive marketing talent in the southeast.
Huge thank you to Amanda Sparks and Carly Sullivan along with the rest of the AIMA board of directors: Jay Jhun, David Favero, April Fiek, Kirsten Schlau, Jae Scarborough, Tom Ellis, Tom Grant, Adrian Susine, Jen Osbon, Andrea Terrell, Laura Berkobin, Jerelle Gainey, and Krisi Lane.
Also, thank you to Swarm (title sponsor), Simpli.fi (corporate sponsor), BrandingHawk (printing/signage sponsor), Undertone (tequila tasting sponsor), ChooseATL (whiskey tasting sponsor), Viant (entertainment sponsor), Pandora (photo booth sponsor), VML (gift bag sponsor), Macquarium (print showcase sponsor), Definition 6 (digital showcase sponsor), Jarrett Bellini (videographer), SapientNitro (scholarship sponsor), and Intersect Group (scholarship sponsor).
We were so pleased that along with work from AgencySparks, several of our agency partners' work was highlighted: Swarm, Everywhere Agency, Definition 6, and Toolbox No. 9.
Some people asked (no DEMANDED) that I post the "dad jokes" that I shared during my MC duties, so I have listed them below. While I cannot claim credit for any of them, nor do I know who wrote them, here they are:
- If you are afraid of elevators, you should take steps to avoid them!
- Did you hear the one about the mathematician who's afraid of negative numbers? He'll stop at nothing to avoid them!
- Did you hear about the restaurant on the moon? Great food, but no atmosphere.
- Knock knock. Who's there? Interrupting cow. Interrupting cow, w..... MOOOOOO
- How much does a pirate pay for corn? A buck-an-ear.
- A bear walks into a bar and says: "Give me a whiskey................................and a Coke." "Why the big pause?" asks the bartender. The bear shrugs and says: "Not sure, I was born with them."
We got many comments that people loved this different format. Next year, I hope that many more clients and agencies submit work and attend this spectacular event!
Here are some photos from the event (credits to Adrian Sasine, Laura Berkobin, Jay Jhun, Kate Jacoutot):